Still life rendering Day and night

Started by gimmyxx, April 09, 2020, 10:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmyxx

Hi everyone!

here a day and night  render made yesterday. I tried  to be more realistic as possible and there are no post processing, directly out of keyshot.
I used a very simple "one pin" light environment from outside the windows.
I also tried (But fail) to gain a mode detailed shadows of the curtains. I would like to have that effect of "line-shadows" on the table but i can not be able to reproduce. Have you any suggestion? more sharp light?

Thank you all!

NM-92

Hi ! The day version looks great ! The plant needs some work though or a better model instead. Try using a spotlight if you want strong and detailed shadows. You can tweak the hardness if you adjust the radius slider within the material.

gimmyxx

Thanks! I am on a new setting and I will try for sure

mattjgerard

Smaller light source = sharper shadows

So, pin lights, small physical lights, and small bright pin lights in the HDRI's will help that. In a physical Spotlight you can use the Radius setting to fine tune the shadow edge sharpness.

gimmyxx

Hey many thanks! i will post in a few days a new scene with a more sharp light...i hope it will came right...
Any other suggestion about this scene? i used keyshot for product for a long time and now i decide to move in the interior scene world so any suggestion will be very appreciate.

Thanks all!