Selling seashells down by the sea shore

Started by DMerz III, April 11, 2020, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

Just some fun with a model from ThreeDscans.
I composited two renders together (with two different materials) to get the exterior and the interior to look how I wanted. The interior pass is using the new translucent medium and with the denoiser - it turned out more amazing than I could have hoped. Let me know what you think!

designgestalt

this is absolutely stunning !!!

I really like how the materials and textures mix towards the curling of the shell...!
the material seems to be very promising, didnĀ“t have the time yet to take a deeper look into it ...
I would be interested to take a look into your material graph, if you would want to share it!

a perfect job, nothing more to say!

cheers
designgestalt

NM-92

+1 on this. Totally nailed the look of it.

DMerz III

Wow! Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments.

The material graph isn't anything too impressive to look at, but here is a screen snip

KeyShot

That is stunning and beautiful! I really like the subtle translucency.

And thanks for sharing the material graph. I was just about to ask for it.

Do you think you could have rendered it in one pass?

Eugen Fetsch

DMerz III

Quote from: KeyShot on April 13, 2020, 10:26:55 AM
That is stunning and beautiful! I really like the subtle translucency.

And thanks for sharing the material graph. I was just about to ask for it.

Do you think you could have rendered it in one pass?

Thank you! I could have maybe done it with one pass - but I did blend some of the two passes on the interior in certain areas. I rendered the exterior with CPU - for me the GPU didn't quite hold the same details (didn't investigate very much there) - and the translucent was all GPU with Denoiser and it gave it the perfect soft subtle look I wanted, and also rendered extremely fast. So doing 2 passes wasn't a big deal for me.