Nike Basketball AD (KS9 Features practice)

Started by NM-92, April 12, 2020, 08:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Hello forum. There's a lot going on in this personal project. First of all, the basic idea of this was to recreate the look and feel of a Nike ad. I've modeled a basketball in Blender and imported directly to KS as OBJ. The new uv unwrap tool was a very good friend with this model and was used to generate uv coordinates for the ball. Once everything was textured i used the displacement geometry node to achieve that bumpy surface of the ball and the nike logo emboss as well. Nothing else was modeled for this scene. The floor was added via "add geometry" and then i managed the fuzz length with textures.

Hope i was clear enough. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any doubt.
Cheers forum and keep rendering !

hamidbarca

NM-92

Thanks ! I rarely use that color pallete , but the overall image was pretty much asking for it.

NM-92

A little update on this. As i used the same model i thought this one would fit in this thread. This is just a variation on the material and the displacements.

I figured that with multiple color composite nodes you can add an infinite amount of textures to the displacement node, that's cool !

Finema

Great Nico !
Can you show us the material graph ?
Thanks

NM-92

Sure. Hope it's clear enough ? I've separated the displacement node for you to see.

Josh3D

Just love the way you present this, Nico! Interesting to read how you controled the textures as well. Very cool!

DMerz III

NM-92