Personal Works - Render Weekly Carbon Fibre

Started by puyopuyo, April 17, 2020, 04:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puyopuyo

Hi everyone,
in my quest for the ultimate braided cable material I´ve made some more progression by using the technique outlined by Will Gibbons for his Carbon Fibre Render Weekly prompt during Keyshot month, on a UV mapped cable.

This is a Type C cable I designed for Render Weekly´s challenge and I´m super happy that it got featured by the guys and got some great feedback.

On a side note: I hope the awesome experimental feature to displace the weave of the Realcloth finds it´s way into a later release of Keyshot- with the ability to adjust the height.

NM-92

Looking good ! Quick question: When you map the cord, is there always a seam? I mean you have to hide it from the camera ? Can't find a way to avoid this.

puyopuyo

Quote from: NM-92 on April 17, 2020, 06:32:24 AM
Looking good ! Quick question: When you map the cord, is there always a seam? I mean you have to hide it from the camera ? Can't find a way to avoid this.

Yes, it´s always on the opposite side of the camera or hidden when I map cables. Works great with the Keyshot UV Editor, especially for cables.

You can use Substance Painter to overpaint some seams though if it´s an image based texture.

NM-92

Awesome. Great to hear. It was driving me nuts}