Lego Covid Fighter (Renderweekly face mask challenge)

Started by NM-92, April 19, 2020, 09:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Hello there. Had this old model made in Blender in my PC so i decided to use it for this week's Render Weekly challenge of making a facemask. Not quite the conventional entry but i'm pretty happy with the result. There's a lot of texturing involved here so i recommend watching the HD images.

Feel free to ask me anything if you like.

Cheers forum, we can beat this thing !

Eugen Fetsch

designgestalt

Speedster

This absolutely made my day!  I fired up the computer this morning, and as always I first check out our forum.  Your post is the first thing I saw, and I'm still laughing!

I know we are all hunkered down at home or wherever, doing the best we can.  But, unlike most, we are very fortunate to have a creative outlet for our work, and a great group to share it with.  I've been working from my home office for 20 + years now, so it's not a biggie for me.  But I know for many of you it's a real challenge.  I've been a self-employed medical device designer for over fifty years, so please believe me when I say "This too shall pass"!

Thanks so much for the much needed laughs!

Bill G

NM-92

Quote from: Speedster on April 20, 2020, 06:30:55 AM
This absolutely made my day!  I fired up the computer this morning, and as always I first check out our forum.  Your post is the first thing I saw, and I'm still laughing!

I know we are all hunkered down at home or wherever, doing the best we can.  But, unlike most, we are very fortunate to have a creative outlet for our work, and a great group to share it with.  I've been working from my home office for 20 + years now, so it's not a biggie for me.  But I know for many of you it's a real challenge.  I've been a self-employed medical device designer for over fifty years, so please believe me when I say "This too shall pass"!

Thanks so much for the much needed laughs!

Bill G

Thank you all for the comments.

Bill: I'm really happy that this brought you some joy. Wise words indeed about this strange times we're living on. I personally found a lot of time to get back and just produce images of the first thing that comes to my mind. For me this period is really important to grow without having the stress of the routine, so i'm making my best to enjoy it.

richardfunnell

Just wanted to add how much I enjoyed seeing this one. Great work!! :)

Josh3D

NM-92

Ahh it was super fun to make it as well ! Thanks guys.

Hossein Alfideh

Magnus Skogsfjord

Really nice work Nico. Love that face cover material!

NM-92

Zeltronic

NM-92