Background images in portrait mode

Started by Zedd, April 27, 2020, 10:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Hello,

I´ve got this problem: When I insert a photo in portrait format as background, it is automatically rotated by 90°. However, I have not found a way to change the image from landscape to portrait. Am I missing something or do background images always have to be in landscape format?

Thanks in advance!
Zedd

TGS808

Background images do not have to be landscape only.

You can set landscape vs portrait aspect ratios in the IMAGE tab.

You can also go into your KS preferences, go to the GENERAL section and at the top check the box for "Adjust aspect ratio to backplate". That will size the realtime window to whatever image you import.

I can not say why your image would rotate 90º upon import as I could not replicate that. I set my realtime view to a portrait aspect ratio, imported an image with portrait dimensions and it imported as it should. The image didn't rotate.

Zedd

Thank you very much for your answer. I have tried it and unfortunately it did not change the orientation of the picture at first. I only got black bars at the top and bottom.

Interestingly enough I converted the image file from jpg to png and it worked immediately.

The original file was a photo I took with the iPhone. I don't know if there are still attributes in it that cause the problem, but the main thing is that I have a solution.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

TGS808

Strange as the image I used to test was a jpg and it worked fine. But as long as it's doing what you want it to now.