Main Menu

Messenger Bag

Started by gimmyxx, April 28, 2020, 11:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmyxx

I was fascinated by the work of Magnus Skogsfjord on a messenger bag, so I took it as a challenge to see if I was capable of something like that.
I modelled it totally in Marvelous (it was a mess, it very flexible but too way out of my methods that i strive a lot to obtain something acceptable) and thanks to new fuzz material in keyshot I was able to obtain also a good (not perfect) suede leather on the strap and good plain leather.
There is still a lot of work to do on it but for the moment I am quite satisfy of it. If someone is a master on Marvelous could let me know how can i add a metal parts on the strap (like avatar) or some tricks to make more realistic the leather?

Thank you all for your continuos support

JimmyToTheBe

Hi Gimmy great work with marvelous designer. Not everyone's cup of tea but if it can tamed then it is a powerful tool. I think your textures are looking pretty good so far. The only difference between yours and magnus's might be the sheen on the leather. A little specular map goes a long way. Also lighting! Lighting the product in the right way can turn a flat render into eye catching one.

gimmyxx

Thanks! with the specular maps I have to practice more because I always find difficult to use and give strange looks.
For the light you are probably right but after several tries this looked the best. Sometimes you find the perfect light at the first try and other you became crazy and do not find the right one...

I will try something new in the next one!