KeyShot vs Corona Renderer - Ducati WIP

Started by TextureMan, May 02, 2020, 06:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TextureMan

Ducati Custom Café Fighter - Recreating scene in KeyShot 9

Hello Everyone,

( first of all sorry for my bad english )

I remember when I first time scrolling down Behance and I find this stunning work in 3D which was rendered in Corona Renderer by Andreas Ezelius. That was my early days when I try modeling something and rendering but I was able create just maybe sphere with black material. I remember how I send message to Andreas Ezelius and he reply to me such a long message, damn I was thinking like the Steve Jobs of CG reply to me, haha. I was just completely greenhorn who don't even know how to do it, who don't even know how to create simple materials or even set up camera. I must say, I am still greenhorn :-), and there is so many things what I would like to understand and l would like to learn. I made few personal projects which I am uploading on my Instagram portfolio or sometimes I am uploading few renders here on the KeyShot forum. Also I made sometimes, I don't know what is the right name but I can say Recreation of the scene to push my skills and also understand what s going on when someone else doing renders on way more better level than I do. I buy the model maybe one year ago and I remember when I first time open it in the KeyShot 5 or 7 I think and everything was so slow, and I was not able to made single correct materials, I try to made that wheels and I don't even made them looks like tire not even like the tire from original renders, I try to create material for seat, well it looks total weird, I don't have words for it, so I forgot about it, and I was glad I can see the textures and model how its done so it give me lot of useful informations, so I am glad I buy this model, and its just the small amount what you can invest in to your skills. So I was working on my concepts and renders, and I rendering cars, some stuff what I like but week ago, I just seen someone else on Behance how he buy that model and made stunning renders and literally that piss me off guys, haha. So I open this model maybe week ago or two weeks ago, but few most important things was change. I got little bit more skills but the most crucial was the new KeyShot 9. I open the material editor I don't know how displacement map work but I create solid looking tire material in couple of minutes maybe seconds, just like that  and I put material on gas tank and little bit adjust it and it was done, so I realize what about to made similar renders as originals. My first KeyShot was version 5, and for me people from Luxion Keyshot made excellent simple tool for artist, I was using Vray and I just hate how much effort you need to made to prepare the scene.So this is only preview there is like tons of parts what I have to finish or texture it, but I like to made it as original renders. I really cant fully imagine how long it will takes to create model like this, or texture it and render it from scratch, so I am glad the people like Andreas Ezelius create model like this and made it for sale. When I finish whole scene I will upload final renders with postproduction.

So sometimes you invest your money, but the profit come later :-)

Have a nice days guys, I hope you pushing your skills safety from home, if you got any questions let me know. Also I am going to upload new tutorial for Automotive rendering on my YouTube channel, it will be really simple studio render for beginners, estimated day of uploading will be Monday or Tuesday.

Link for portfolio:
https://www.instagram.com/rendermantm/?hl=en

Link for YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MvK27ydo6nmHftesHHCeA?view_as=subscriber

NM-92

Well , that was quite a backstory ! I always enjoyed your renders (follow you un IG for some time now) and it's great to hear the struggle that some artist went through to get where they are. It's a great exercise to grab old scenes and rework them bearing in mind all the new stuff that you've learned across this journey. The satisfaction you get when you compare the before vs. after is priceless.

Regarding the images, i love that front light closeup ! Nice texture work, textureman :P

Cheers !