Macro renders with chromatic aberration

Started by Roshan Hakkim, May 25, 2020, 12:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roshan Hakkim

I needed a scene to show translucency of certain materials for an upcoming post on Instagram. So I quickly modelled simple plastic chips and setup a scene/ While doing that I thought the scene is worth upgrading with some new props.
Was particularly therapeutic to add some maps onto the cutting mat.

As a practise exercise I tried going into details of imperfections while capturing a photograph. Back in 2018 when I took the photograph of a MacBook pro speaker holes I researched about chromatic abberation. This is me putting it to the test.

Original post can be found here https://www.instagram.com/p/CAndH5KFlX5/

NM-92

Amazing texture work ! I really like when simple setups like this are pushed to achieve this quality.

Roshan Hakkim

Thanks NM-92. That was the escaltion of the distraction. Started off with something super simple like this and in an hour or so I ended up drifting. :D

HermanCarlsson

Beautiful work, always fun to try to establish if it really is a render or not : )

NM-92

Quote from: Roshan Hakkim on May 26, 2020, 01:21:48 AM
Thanks NM-92. That was the escaltion of the distraction. Started off with something super simple like this and in an hour or so I ended up drifting. :D

Ha! i understand. Been caught in that loop more times than i'd like to admit.

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Roshan Hakkim

Josh3D

Those textures, indeed! Love how these turned out. We've got a couple material sample chip bips we've used in the past. I'll see about adding them to the model library.