Scripting and XR

Started by ifeldown, June 01, 2020, 08:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ifeldown

Is it possible to write a script that can approximate what the Configurator does with stills but applied to XR?  Not the online interactive viewing, just the way in which it can automatically render a large quantity of parent/component combinations.  I have a file with about 20 parent items each that can have over 20 components and multiple materials for each.  Is there a way to create a script that would automatically render each parent/component/material combination?

INNEO_MWo

And your network render farm would run forever to render a trillion XR's with a lot of images for each combination. ;o)

Eugen Fetsch

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on June 02, 2020, 11:14:09 PM
And your network render farm would run forever to render a trillion XR's with a lot of images for each combination. ;o)

And how about car configurators? They have same complexity. So the request is not away from reality. Budget is the limit ;P

@ifeldown
Sorry for trolling off topic.
Unfortunatelly I don't have a script solution for that. I would try to solve it with animations and studios. 360° turntable animation with 18 frames. But don't know if it finaly works.

ifeldown

Hah, yeah, I certainly recognize that what I'm asking for would either take a lot of processing power or a lot of years to churn through (or more realistically both) but I can stomach that if I don't have to also manually set each XR along the way.  Alas.