image presets link to render presets

Started by andy.engelkemier, June 02, 2020, 11:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I've been doing a lot of renders where I match a stock image. They are all slightly different aspect ratios and different resolutions. Managing that, if they are in the same file, could be better.

But for now, I've been making an image preset, so at least it quickly sets the correct resolution for the right camera. It would be Awesome if the same presets were available for renders. My resolution preset will be something like 5472x3648, which of course, is not really possible anyway because who has a GPU that could run that, if they also happen to be running a 6K+ monitor somehow. But if I go over the render, I'll just see that my current preset is correct.

It would just be nice, if you set up a preset in the image tab, it would also be there in the render window. Bonus if you can give a checkbox that allows me to make that automatic if I choose. You Probably don't want it automatic all the time though. It only makes sense if you're rendering For a backplate.

Aeonjoey

wow i came here to ask for the same thing. my resolution keeps getting reset to the last used in another file, and the settings in the image tab are basically ignored, even as you type them if the image size can't fit in the viewing window, it's getting complicated to keep track of this in both places and having to re-type resolutions.