Emerald cut Ruby pendant

Started by ivuzem, June 03, 2020, 04:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivuzem

I wanted to include this in my upcoming jewelry rendering course, but decided not to, so I can show it here.
I am pretty happy with how it ended up, but the workaround for not being able to add fluff to displacement map was really pain in the bum.

Hope you like.
Cheers

Ed

The realistic cloth helps set the scale and really sells the shot.  Great job!

mafrieger

sweet!

Quote from: ivuzem on June 03, 2020, 04:11:41 AM
... not being able to add fluff to displacement map was really pain in the bum

-> thought about putting to wishlist?

KeyShot

Looks great. What do you mean by adding fluff to the displacement map? Adding fuzz?

ivuzem

Thanks guys

Quote from: KeyShot on June 04, 2020, 01:55:51 PM
Looks great. What do you mean by adding fluff to the displacement map? Adding fuzz?

Yes, my mistake using the wrong word :)
I used the displacement map for the wool threads, but then I already had my Geometry input used on my material and I couldn't connect the Fuzz to it. It would be great if Fuzz had a separate second Geometry input on the materials, so we can still use the displace
To go around this, I had to first connect the displacement to the Geometry input, export it as an OBJ, and then import this displaced mesh and apply fuzz to it. But then, if I wanted to change some displacement settings, I had to go back and export the OBJ again.

Is there a plan to introduce a 2nd Geometry input, or maybe I am doing this all wrong? :)