Main Menu

Lets Make Muffins

Started by kamran Rahmani, June 06, 2020, 02:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamran Rahmani

Hi everyone, How do u do? I love everything about this Kitchenaid mixer, what do you think? Also the yellow color makes it more fascinating for me:) hope u like it. Btw don't miss its animation on keyshot amazing animation forum or on my youtube channel: https://youtu.be/jCz6GH3hq14.

Eugen Fetsch

It a very nice start, indeed. Just few notes:
- Great use of scene complexity and complementary colors.
- Increase the samples. The irradiance map is clearly visible in the render.
- The glow looks off. More like a gausian blur placed on highlights. Search for exponential glow on google for the post production software you use.

Josh3D

Indeed, this is excellent. Great comments from Eugen - will only make a great render better! I'd just say, I wish our Kitchenaid was that shiny looking - and it's white! May add just a very subtly roughness or tarnish to it.

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: Josh3D on June 08, 2020, 10:58:35 AM
Indeed, this is excellent. Great comments from Eugen - will only make a great render better! I'd just say, I wish our Kitchenaid was that shiny looking - and it's white! May add just a very subtly roughness or tarnish to it.
Hi josh, Thanks for your kind words, the body has now a very subtle roughness  but I couldn't convince myself to add finger prints or any other roughness map to the metal bowl, I really love that clean look :) but in the animation that is also uploaded on Amazing Animations Forum, there is a scratch texture mixed with a gradient map as a roughness , don't miss that.

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: Eugen Fetsch on June 08, 2020, 01:03:08 AM
It a very nice start, indeed. Just few notes:
- Great use of scene complexity and complementary colors.
- Increase the samples. The irradiance map is clearly visible in the render.
- The glow looks off. More like a gausian blur placed on highlights. Search for exponential glow on google for the post production software you use.

Thanks for your tips, take a look at the next shot that I uploaded, it's 750 samples, and about your postpro tips,to be honest, I'm not really a post production guy an I enjoy finishing everything in the rendering engine, I have never used Photoshop in any other projects for enhancing the keyshot result:) maybe that's a bad bias but it's really interesting for me :D but I will absolutely search for that

Eugen Fetsch

Great improvement from the samples increase. The surfaces are much smoother now. The glow is also more believable now.

Here is a simple explenation about the glow differences. It is clearly visible at the edges. I don't know what kind of approach KS is using to create glow - I use only external solutions for this effect. 

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: Eugen Fetsch on June 09, 2020, 06:20:03 AM
Great improvement from the samples increase. The surfaces are much smoother now. The glow is also more believable now.

Here is a simple explenation about the glow differences. It is clearly visible at the edges. I don't know what kind of approach KS is using to create glow - I use only external solutions for this effect.

great. This picture completely shows the difference between these two. This type of glow seems really interesting, I will definitely look for employing it on my renders with PS.   

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Great! Choosing the colors has made the job sweet!

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: Pouya.Studio on June 15, 2020, 10:39:56 AM
Great! Choosing the colors has made the job sweet!
I so much appreciate your words , thanks a lot Pouya jan

JoshASharp

Amazing shot! would love to know your lighting set up!

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: JoshASharp on June 16, 2020, 03:51:04 AM
Amazing shot! would love to know your lighting set up!
Thanks a lot, Glad you like it, and about the lighting, nothing really special, Keyshot Dosch-Apartment sample HDRI with a white pin light on it.