U clip carabiner renders

Started by Roshan Hakkim, June 08, 2020, 03:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roshan Hakkim

As part of the challenge given by design workout page on Instagram. I quickly modelled this one up and am pursuing it in 2 routes for now. Either metal or 3d printed plastic.

As part of both these route I am also having fun with some shots and material refinement exercises.

Esben Oxholm

Man, beautiful work Roshan.
Everything is just looking great.

Would love to have one of these!

Trixtr

Nice flare effect on the  pink clip on a table. Was that achieved through Keyshot or from postprocessing? If though Keyshot, how did you achieve that effect?

kamran Rahmani

Are they photos? In my opinion they are :), I saw the design process on your IG, Indeed I think the design is as brilliant as the renders, Great Job Roshan!

JoshASharp

Love these clips, beautiful rendering too man nice

Josh3D

Best carabiner shots I've seen in a while! Great work!!

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on June 12, 2020, 12:54:18 AM
Man, beautiful work Roshan.
Everything is just looking great.

Would love to have one of these!

Hey Esben! Thank you. I have dropped the file for those who are interested in printing by themselves. Its part of the beta phase so to speak :) .

Would you like to try it? I can send the file over. Also to anyone else who can mange to 3d print by themselves.

At my end I have printed a few in PLA. It works in my opinion but I would like to know from other perspectives as well. Super excited when the Shapeways prints arrive in few weeks. There is also a steel version of it coming along. :)

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: Trixtr on June 12, 2020, 01:09:46 AM
Nice flare effect on the  pink clip on a table. Was that achieved through Keyshot or from postprocessing? If though Keyshot, how did you achieve that effect?

This was done in post in Photoshop.

I have tried few things in Keyshot to achieve this. The best result was achieved by inserting few discs or objects of the bokeh shape of your liking close to the camera with DOF being on. I would really love to leanr how to create it using principles of physic by actually bouncing the light onto the camera.

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: kamran Rahmani on June 12, 2020, 05:00:36 AM
Are they photos? In my opinion they are :), I saw the design process on your IG, Indeed I think the design is as brilliant as the renders, Great Job Roshan!
Thanks a lot Kamran - coming from you this does make my weekend! :) Thank you thank you!

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: Josh3D on June 12, 2020, 11:32:48 AM
Best carabiner shots I've seen in a while! Great work!!
@Josh3D - Thank you. There have been quite a lot of good ones on Instagram from the render challenge. Also liked the one from Elodiedelassus on IG. https://www.instagram.com/p/CA05T9nJBjp/

@JoshASharp - Thank you!