Main Menu

Home Office

Started by JackNicholas, June 09, 2020, 05:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackNicholas

First Interior in a while, I used curves to get some more light in the darker areas for the first time :)

Any advice is welcome!

Eugen Fetsch

Hi Jack,

great start. Few notes:
- As a rule of thumb, try to avoid horizontal camera inclination in architecture and interior, except you are doing it in an artistic purpose. Use camera shift instead.
- The surfaces of the chair and table feets is tesselated. Use smooth shading to avoid this poligonal look.
- Give the eye a little bit more space to "rest" in the composition. At the moment it is full of objects. IMO the image could benefit from more space (see my edit).

Keep the good work. Look forward to see more renders from you!
Cheers.

JackNicholas

Quote from: Eugen Fetsch on June 10, 2020, 01:13:51 AM
Hi Jack,

great start. Few notes:
- As a rule of thumb, try to avoid horizontal camera inclination in architecture and interior, except you are doing it in an artistic purpose. Use camera shift instead.
- The surfaces of the chair and table feets is tesselated. Use smooth shading to avoid this poligonal look.
- Give the eye a little bit more space to "rest" in the composition. At the moment it is full of objects. IMO the image could benefit from more space (see my edit).

Keep the good work. Look forward to see more renders from you!
Cheers.

Eugen, you're a star! Thank you so much for your advice and criticism I will take it all on board especially your advice on camera shift for interiors and I shall also lookup smooth shading!

Thanks a million,

Jack