3rd "lost connection" option please

Started by andy.engelkemier, June 10, 2020, 05:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

Save and Exit. Discard and Exit. and "I lost connection to VPN, but after a while I fixed it so please let me just keep working."
Perhaps you would want to use something shorter than that.

Would be nice to have an option to just reconnect. Yeah, don't let the user work while they have no connection. But if the connection is then found, it would be nice if that just Went away, or if there was a button to retry the connection. Last night I lost power for several hours, so a bit of an extreme example. I'm guessing it retries for a bit, then stops? Once the user fixes the issue, it would be nice to keep working, if possible.

Aeonjoey

Yes, I have the same issue due to VPN as well. Nearly all of my labels are on our network and it's happened a couple of times where I've opened a file right as the VPN cut out, and it actually BLANKED OUT every single filename for every label that was missing, so they all had 'could not find "" ' (double quotes for the file name with no path). Luckily I save backups constantly but it caused several hours of work to be lost, and there was no way to relink them because even if I chose the correct file for a missing linked label, the DPI/positions/opacity/scale/angle all got reset as if it were a new file and not the same file as was there before.

Speaking of which - that's another problem, changing a label image resets everything, why can't it just take over the settings of the original file I'm replacing? especially since the dimensions are the same.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Aeonjoey on June 19, 2020, 05:22:32 PM
Speaking of which - that's another problem, changing a label image resets everything, why can't it just take over the settings of the original file I'm replacing? especially since the dimensions are the same.

You are going to hate to hear this, and wonder why this isn't the default like the rest of us, but if you right click in the name field for the label texture, there is an option to "Replace and Retain Size" . We've requested that this is the default behavior and it hasn't made it to the main list yet.

Aeonjoey

holly step-saver batman! THANKS!!! I just shared that with my team :D that's a great tip!!!