Anyone have any experience importing Daz3D Studio hair to KS?

Started by figure1a, June 10, 2020, 03:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

figure1a

Whenever I import Daz models to KS, the hair comes in super chunky like shredded cardboard. When I scour the web for answers, I keep coming across similar solutions like this "Select hair. Then Parameters > Simulation > Hair > Preview PR should be set to 'On'. Then export as OBJ." The thing is I don't have the Preview PR in any of the parameters.

Attachments show hair in Daz and then what I get in KS.

One person even posted a screen shot of the dialog box showing "Preview PR Hairs". See last pic.

What am I doing wrong or have set wrong in my preferences where I do not have this menu item. Does it have to do with the type of hair geometry file? Thanks for any insight.

Zeltronic

I supposse that some opacity maps are missing in keyshot mat graph, Daz hair have often several layers (geometry) I think that you have just to find and connect the missing opacity maps in your mat graph. ;)

figure1a

Quote from: Zeltronic on June 11, 2020, 12:54:28 AM
I supposse that some opacity maps are missing in keyshot mat graph, Daz hair have often several layers (geometry) I think that you have just to find and connect the missing opacity maps in your mat graph. ;)
I've done that and it just looks like hell. It's like it's not generating new opacity maps for what the manipulations I've done to the hair in Daz even though I've checked Collect Maps when I export.

Someone else on Daz suggested that I can only export hair that is strand based which means only dforce hair.

figure1a

Quote from: Zeltronic on June 11, 2020, 12:54:28 AM
You were right on the opacity maps. There are several to choose from and I obviously chose the wrong ones. They look better now. But I think I need to try some strand based hair as the render with this poly hair is not so good.