Struggling with Settings for Furniture Renders?

Started by JoshASharp, June 16, 2020, 01:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshASharp

Hi All,

I'm not experienced enough to know just from looking at my scene what the problem is, but I think the lighting is too cold and clinical and its bleaching the image a bit? If I'm wrong let us know, I keep having this issue where I'm trying to get photorealism but getting quite flat bleached images?

Thanks,

Josh

JoshASharp

Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud on here. I think i'm losing a lot of depth because I'm not comping any of the render passes into the final image. Here I've tried to blend in some of the shadows layers and used the lighting pass and converted it to soft light and reduced opacity to 20%.

I think the image has more depth but still seems slightly too high contrast?

richardfunnell

Hi Josh,

I would add additional light sources in the scene. It looks like you have a single light source, which will lead to really dramatic, contrasty shadows. Also the color/temperature of your lights will have a big effect, try using warmer light sources for a less "clinical" feel. Your lights may be too neutral or cool.

JoshASharp

Thanks for your help Richard!

Yeah it does look very clinical - I'll adjust and have another shot. What sort of extra lights would you add into the scene? I'm such a lighting newb