Medical Illustration with Keyshot

Started by wayneheim, June 18, 2020, 07:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayneheim

Here is my latest use of KeyShot in my medical illustration work. Picture showcases fractured hip repair. Models sculpted in Zbrush, rendered in KeyShot, composited in Photoshop.

HermanCarlsson

Eugen Fetsch

Öner

great work. you used photoshop or anything else?

wayneheim

Thanks. I used Photoshop to add the background and blend the blue bone with the natural bone and a few small touch ups. In the end I guess i could have done almost all of it in a single render but this gave me a bit more creative control to play when compositing the renders.

Roshan Hakkim

This is serious Keyshot stuff :). Great work!

Josh3D

wayneheim

Here are a few more samples of my medical illustration work with Keyshot.

Wayne

Weezer

These look like watercolours. How the hell?

wayneheim

Hahaha Weezer. Pretty easy actually. I just selectively blend my final render with a textured background. Often overlay a texture layer and set it to "overlay" in Photoshop. Sometimes I do multiple renders with different effects and then blend those layers in Photoshop. I know I could probably do some of the compositing effects right in the render but this way gives me more flexibility and creative control of the final output.

Mom always said I had a hard time leaving well enough alone. Ha.

Wayne

Weezer

Well, they're lovely – subject matter notwithstanding!

Eugen Fetsch

Exciting to see something "organic" in this forum. :) Great illustrations! Slick renders. 

kamran Rahmani

Marvelous, Masterwork, How can I stop looking at these shots, Great use of Keyshot. I'm obsessed with all of them.

Mustafa ASAN

These all are absolutely ''stunning''! Great examples of combining Keyshot and Photoshop! Looking forward to see more like them!