CLOWN LAYER bugged with GPU render?

Started by gorillawatches, June 27, 2020, 02:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorillawatches

Hi all,

I started to use the GPU render system. All works well, apart of some old anisotropic materials in scenes created in Keyshot 6 or older...but that's no big deal.

However what drives me crazy is that the clown layers are bugged.

CPU renders creates a solid AND unique color per material while the attached clown layer of the exact same scene rendered with GPU uses the same colors over and over again.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

A great weekend to all,

Radace

I got same issiue, and still no solution :(

hstokholm

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We have reproduced it internally and are working on a fix for the next release.

andy.engelkemier

I've posted a solution before, but here it is again just to help for now. I Really hope this is fixed in KS10.

You'll notice the clown mask works fine for materials that have a label applied. So the trick is to just add a blank label.
Go to the graph editor.
Add a diffuse material as a label.
Add a color adjustment node, which is defaulted to black, and drag that to the opacity of your diffuse material.
Now the label is 100% blank. And when you render with clown mask (be sure to check the box for "include labels") you'll get more than just red.

The annoying thing is though, you need to do that for Every material.....unless it already has a label. No need to do that if that's the case.

To save a little time, if you're doing the entire scene, select the already wired up diffuse and adjustment node and copy it. Now just paste into each material and wire it to be a label.