Main Menu

My 2020 Wish List - LM

Started by Liam Martin, July 14, 2020, 02:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liam Martin

Few things I've come up with over the past few months.

GPU Performance Mode.

Multi-textures - Load different textures into a node and select which one is used in the calculation. Would be a fantastic way to toggle through label variants without having to manually swamp things around.

Air - volumetrics without have to manually add in a volume and fill it with scattering medium. Could be a slider in the 'Lighting' tab.

DOF Focal Point tracking - Focal Distance adjusts when you reposition the camera or change the lens settings, to keep the same point in focus.

Lens Effects - Bloom, Glare, Flare, Bokeh Options. Good options would improve renders tenfold.

Shutter Speed - Controls to amend the shutter speed to vary motion blur. Would be awesome to have long exposure shots as an option as well - even if they have to be rendered like animations.

Bump chain editing - currently you can only have a texture or Bump Add control the Bump, open that up for the rest of the nodes in the graph so we can get more control.

VDB Animations - would be huge!

Denoise tolerance - another option to add on top of DeNoise Blend, which allows you to tweak the tolerance of the noise. Perhaps it could be dressed as a Performance/Quality meter?

Remove auto arrange nodes in the graph when you change a node type. Always ruins my personal organisation!!!

Overlay image - So you can bring a reference image into Keyshot and have it sit there beside the viewport (or in the corner), for people without screen space to have them side by side (predominantly for colour picking). VR programs like Gravity Sketch have incorporated this and it works great. It would be awesome to be able to load some 2D references into Keyshot, without having to put them a a Flat material on a plane.

Studios take on the name of the camera by default. More likely you'll want to name it that, than 'Studio x'.

More Studio options - Lighting/Rendering Mode for one!

UV Unwrap Tangent Loops - Ability to select edge loops (or just loops in general) based on a tolerance angle between edges. Would make a HUGE difference compared to the options we have now.

**ADDITIONS**
Re-order materials within a Multi-material, just like being able to move labels up and down the menu for layering.

Liam :)

Eric Summers

+1 for removing the MatGraph auto node arrangement! It would be great to have the option to disable that. And perhaps some sort of grid snap option for precision arrangement.

HUGE +1 for Studio options and specifically Lighting mode!

Liam Martin

Awesome suggestion about the grid, Eric! I would love to have some snapping functionality to make things easier.

Weezer

+1 for VDB animations. Should be relatively simple to instigate, but it would make an amazing addition.

INNEO_MWo

I might be wrong, but there was a scripting solution that reads a vdb file and put the frame to the queue. And read the next, regenerate the node and repeat adding the frame to the queue.
But it might be difficult to combine this with other animations as well camera movements.
So +1 on that!

INNEO_MWo

Adding the reference image as backplate could be a workaround.

INNEO_MWo

Locking the camera target with an invisible or visible part to track would be a nice thing, that could be combined as a fokal point.

PerFotoVDB

+1! for sure!

+ FBX animations import/export!!!!!!
+ (or openVDB or ABC)
+ 4 view viewport like a normal 3d dcc

PerFotoVDB

+ a file referencing system. For example: models loaded/import from disk into a 'master assembly file' and when the reference file changes, keyshot updates.
To me makes a lot of sense and follows the logic of the models library functionality.

How's in!?