Multi-Material - Render Queue - File Names

Started by smalldogstudio, September 11, 2020, 12:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smalldogstudio

Hey there

I'm busy with another job where I have 20+ colours options on an object - so I've made a multi-material for that part. I can add the multi-material to the GPU render queue and it dutifully outputs all the right colours - but - the filename appears to be some arbritary previous render file name - plus a number that increases by +1.

so two things bug me;

1. where is the option to change the multi-material render file name? (it doesn't match the single image dialog, material name . . etc)

2. Is it possible to append the material name for each instance of the file e.g. multi-material has the following colours; white, black, red etc - so rendered files should be white.XXXX.png, black.XXXX.png etc (XXXX being the unique number added when rendering)

this would make my life a lot easier with these jobs - otherwise I have to manually cross-reference the multi-material name and manually rename the files.

Could a custom script help? (I'm rubbish at scripting btw, i can't even get applescript to work at the best of times)

I've changed the render filenames to remove a client reference, any help greatly appreciated, thanks, have a great weekend

david

smalldogstudio

OK - posting this in case its useful - so I found something out - you have to go to the configurator tab - change the filename and path there !!! - then add the multi-material job in the queue dialog. but still just .N number increments.

still would like to know if I can append the material name???

ta

D

alex@

Dear Keyshot Team and Members!
Why have KS removed the render queue function when you graduate from the educational version to the HD?
It's extremely disappointing and frankly a very poor bit of outdated marketing (give something for free, then charge when it is actually needed), to try and force a purchase of the PRO version which few graduates will be able to afford.
I am part of a young start up studio and PRO prices are just prohibitive and HD doesn't have what the educational version has.
Really disappointed. I understand that animation and any other significant features should be reserved for the PRO, but something that is the backbone of the essential process? Shocking and unproductive.
I hope the team consider releasing this in v10.
Thanks.