Miniatures, Toys and Statues with Keyshot

Started by SculptorHec, September 17, 2020, 02:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SculptorHec

Hi everyone,

I'm Hector and I make miniatures, statues, toys and game characters.  I mostly use keyshot for my portfolio and box art renders so I wanted to share some of that with you here. 

I started using keyshot a few years ago when I noticed that Disney Infinity figures were being rendered with it, so I decided to start playing with it and zbrush to see if I could match the art style and the look of their figures with characters they weren't making back then:

I've used it also to render pack shots and visual targets for board game miniatures I've worked on, including these Mega Man minis:

Another miniatures game I worked on was the Street Fighter minis game, here are a couple pieces from that one:

The full roster of these can be found here:  https://hec.artstation.com/projects/4brRYn?album_id=1973190

Here are a couple of toys I've worked on for German toy company, Scheich:

In recent years I've been working for THQ Nordic on their Special Edition games, making the figures for those and rendering the visual target and boxarts for them too:

Another board game I got to work on recently was Darksiders:  The Forbidden Land.  Here are a couple pieces from that one:

I'm still learning best practices in Keyshot, but needles to say it's become a pretty important tool in my work.  I'm hoping to post here more often and interact with the community more so that I can pick up some new tricks and get better at using it.  :)

JimmyToTheBe

Nice images SculptorHec and such an array of work that you have been doing over the years.

designgestalt

Josh3D

Hey Hector! Welcome to the KeyShot forum. These are GREAT! First set does remind me of Disney Infinity series. I'd totally buy any of these! :) Looking forward to seeing more of your work.