Deactivate Thumbnails

Started by A.Frosinn, October 05, 2020, 10:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Frosinn

Hello.

I would like to know if it is possible to generally deactivate the rendering of thumbnails. The reason is as follows: I use extremely complex multi-materials with different displacement maps. Every time I change the studios and thus the multi-material, the computer obviously has to recalculate the displacement. This switching takes up to 1 minute per studio. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it becomes a problem if, for example, I want to load 40-50 studios into a queue and let them render overnight. For each studio a thumbnail is rendered when I put it in the queue. Only for this, Keyshot reloads the displacement each time. It takes 40-50 minutes for the studios to be queued just because of the thumbnails. I would like to disable the thumbnails. Whether the displacement can be switched off in the real time render (as I said: changing studios takes up to a minute) is probably a question for another topic...

INNEO_MWo

Does the same effect appear if you open the scene (with the heavy displacements) in recovery mode and stack the studios to the queue? Are the queued renders right?