Weird Blank lines in My Renderings

Started by Robb63, November 04, 2011, 06:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

Any idea what might be causing this??
I have KS running on my desktop, and laptop (not at the same time of course) Almost every scene I render on my laptop does this. The exact same scenes on my desktop render perfectly.

guest84672

Very strange - I don't think I have ever seen this.

Robb63

Started doing it a few weeks ago. I thought maybe I hadn't deactivated KS on my desktop and it might be a watermark, but I did the deactivate/activate and it didn't change anything.
Would packing these scenes have anything to do with this? Now I think about it the scenes that have been doing this may have that in common in that I opened them to run on my laptop?

guest84672

Can you send the scene? Activation has nothing to do with it.

danclarkwcp

I'm a complete newbie to KS, but I can say I've seen that happen several times over the years with Photoshop files. It's a sign of file corruption/bad writes, and can happen when transferring files, or saving files to disks that are badly fragmented. Is this only happening to KS files, or is it also showing up in any other types of image files? If you redo the same KS render, do you get the exact same result, or does the bad area move up/down/around in the image?