Edimobile Portable Talking Box- first KS3 (beta) Animation

Started by Speedster, November 06, 2011, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

I posted my "new" cellphone, the "Edi-mobile Patented Portable Talking Box" some time back, in KS1, I believe.  It's been on Yanko Design and in many Steam Punk articles, and folks even wanted to buy it.  Oh well- some day.  In the meantime, I decided to revisit it in KeyShot 3 Beta, and I must say, I'm impressed with how far KS has come in such a short time!

It's also my first attempt at an Animation- hope you enjoy it!  I sure did, even though I can't figure out how to animate (rotation) the dynamo crank!

Bill G

guest84672

Super nice wood!!!! Crank animation - select a pin in there as your helper object. Make sure that you select the helper object on the body level. Then it should work without a problem. Then copy and paste the animation as a linked animation on the other parts of the winch.

Speedster

Thanks, Thomas!  It's just "plain old oak" stolen from KS2.  Had to scale it larger than the slider would allow.  But, everything looks so much better in KS3.  There's more "pigment" for want of a better word, and more density or something.  And, it real sexy watching how the HDR's flow over and into the model. Realtime feedback is almost instantaneous on 8 cpu's.  I'll try your suggestion on the crank, but I know it will be a lot easier as Animation evolves.
Bill G

feher

Bill this is one of my favorites from you. Nice work on the modeling and rendering of this. Has a real nice rich feel to it. Like I can just reach into the image and pick it up.
In the animation I would love to see that handle spin too.  ;)
Thanks for sharing.
It's a keeper.
Tim

Nero7

The model looks great and animation but i think it would look better with another background, maybe more lighter background.

Speedster

Thanks, Tim- I agree about the image depth- there's something about KS3 that you can almost put your hand into.  My mom was a pro artist for 70+ years, and used to say "you paint that which you cannot see".

If you think the oak looks good, the mahagony will knock your socks off!  Again, i just used a good jpeg.  I'll share it soon on my re-do of the 1823 Dorpat Telescope.

And I agree with your comment, Nero- it needs a better background, and needs to be in a palm of the hand or something to give it context and scale.  Actually, I was stunned at how well and easily this came out.  I was only playing with animation on a lazy Sunday.

Time to do a better job!

Bill G