Save camera settings shortcut?

Started by mattjgerard, November 18, 2020, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

I see nothing in KS9 or 10 on how to do this, is there a way to save camera changes without having to mouse over to the camera tab and click save? I rarely use the camera tab so it would be really nice to be able save the current camera and even create a new camera. I was really hoping that a longer list of functions were available in the hotkey list, but doesn't look like it.

andy.engelkemier

you can set it so when you take a screenshot it also saves a camera.
No, not ideal, but that's the only way I can think to get something similar to what you actually want.

mattjgerard

That's a workaround if I everheard of one.

andy.engelkemier

Yeah, well, unfortunately the users don't have much say in these things.
Would I like a shortcut to select an object rather than select a part and expand the entire tree every time, making it impossible to know which model it is part of? Yea, but we are at the mercy of what the developers think is worth their time to stay competitive.

INNEO_MWo

Quote"Would I like a shortcut to select an object rather than select a part and expand the entire tree every time, making it impossible to know which model it is part of?!"

You can navigate the scene tree using left key to jump to parent group or collapse a node or expand using right key. So with this technique you can select a part (scene tree will expand the structure to the part node), then select the highlighted scene tree object and use left (jump / collapse) or up und down.

BUT! You have to clear the default shortkeys (left, right, up and down) in the preferences to enable this.

This technique helps several customers that struggle with large assemblies and need an easy navigation like regular in a (Windows) file explorer.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco