Watercooled Workstation Build renders

Started by theShopFloor, November 22, 2020, 03:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theShopFloor

My workstation needed an upgrade so I decided to do a full new build and jump into the world of water cooling. To design the loop I started modelling the parts accurately and one thing led to another and I ended up modelling the entire thing as millimetre accurate as I could.
My RTX 3090 arrived just as this modelling was completed so I figured what better way to test out GPU rendering then having my GPU render my GPU?
I made a quick and dirty custom HDR to make the tubing pop and used mostly adjusted standard Keyshot materials.
All modelled in AutoCAD and Rendered on Keyshot 9.

jamesinv

Great job and nice to see AutoCAD being used it's the program that introduced so many into the cad world

Josh3D

This is awesome. It's been ages since I've modeled in AutoCAD (R14!) so hope it's gotten better :) All of these shots and the detail is great!

wipdesigns

Great modelling and case design!

I'd love to see you explore this more, maybe add in some colour to the background, add some LED inside the case and coloured liquid?

theShopFloor

Quote from: wipdesigns on December 14, 2020, 06:02:39 AM
Great modelling and case design!

I'd love to see you explore this more, maybe add in some colour to the background, add some LED inside the case and coloured liquid?
Thank you! I've finally built this workstation and got it all up and running, has taken a little time but she is done. I'm going to revisit these renders and see how much better I can get them looking with the extra power I now finally have!

theShopFloor

Quote from: Josh3D on December 10, 2020, 02:36:43 PM
This is awesome. It's been ages since I've modeled in AutoCAD (R14!) so hope it's gotten better :) All of these shots and the detail is great!

Thank you! AutoCAD has come a long way, and even though I have used other software packages over the years, to do what I do professionally nothing has been faster than AutoCAD. We have several other softwares in our drafting office, but the 5 AutoCAD users all produce models the quickest, and AutoCAD still cant be beat for actual documentation.

Modelling this PC using AutoCAD was challenging and this type of work is probably best done in parametric modelling software, but it was fun and I even learnt a few things.