Macro detail shots of electronic components

Started by Roshan Hakkim, November 29, 2020, 01:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roshan Hakkim

Just enjoying a little too much here.

If you are curious feel free to see more on my Instagram handle https://www.instagram.com/roshanhakkim/

Eugen Fetsch

Nice DOF macro shots, very believable. The black components leak of metal contacts and solder. The contact points on the board are floating. Nevers saw something like that on real boards. 

mattjgerard

Really cool textures, and I see what you are trying to do with the tilt shift lens look, but it might be a touch too heavy. in real macro images, they mess with the DOF so that you can still see the whole story you are trying to tell, and the sharpness window in yours is a little small, for my own personal tastes.

But dang, that's some cool stuff.

Roshan Hakkim

@Eugen Thanks a lot. Next step would be to open up a high quality engineered product to study this in detail. Your feedback definitely comes in as an aid anyways! Thank you so much

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: mattjgerard on November 30, 2020, 05:46:17 AM
Really cool textures, and I see what you are trying to do with the tilt shift lens look, but it might be a touch too heavy. in real macro images, they mess with the DOF so that you can still see the whole story you are trying to tell, and the sharpness window in yours is a little small, for my own personal tastes.

But dang, that's some cool stuff.

I agree. So the process here is that I shoot some photographs with few lenses I have and I try to match the depth of field and the gradients in DOF. This is based of a 20mm F1.8 lens which has amazing macro capabilities when in manual mode. But definitely not a common find. WIll dial down for a series later on. Thanks a ton!

Josh3D

The detail. SO GOOD... as always :)  Cool to hear how you matched it to the 20mm F1.8 lens too!

Roshan Hakkim

Nothing too scientific for now. Just captured a photo of a similar scale object,
brought it into similar angle and composition
proportionally looked at the zone of focus next to the bokeh zone,
adjusted the F stop accoridngly until i matched the render to the photograph by eye.

Am interested in diving deeper into this subject next year for this project