Interior Rendering

Started by Diego, December 15, 2020, 07:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego

Hello guys, I am newbie in keyshot, and still learning process here.. i use keyshot 10 trial and pursuing for rendering interior like this.

Actually i got little bit problem for Caustics feature, I found in the result after I use caustics, the sun light becomes circles like the result, I don't know why it becomes like that,  and the other problem, why is the sunlight reflection some kind is being reflected like that.. It is so unnatural and i don't like it, it appears like i used discotheque lamp in the room, is this the problem of the lighting? or i used wrong HDRI file? :o :'(.  Anyone can help to fix this? I also attach the lighting setting.

DriesV

Hi Diego,

Welcome to the forum.
The "discotheque lamp" effect of the light splotches is typical of rendering with caustics. They will appear large and coarse at first, but should resolve and get crisp with more samples/time.

Looking at your settings, then a few issues stand out:

• The number of Ray Bounces is very low. Even the Basic Lighting Preset has 6. I would suggest bumping this up to a value of 14.
  • Global Illumination is disabled, and there are 0 Global Illumination Bounces. For interior rendering, this should always be enabled with at least 4 bounces for good results.

I think the issue with the harsh lighting from the sun is that you are compensating the lack of light bounces and global illumination with a very high HDRI brightness. This will always look unnatural.
My suggestion would be to use the Interior Lighting Preset as a basis, and then toggle caustics to see how much they add to the scene.

Dries

Diego

Thanks for the review, You helped me a lot..

Regard to this rendering, I would like to continue asking..  I also had already tried to turn off Caustics, the result: there was no sunlight at all in my floor and also no 'discotheque light'.  The issue would be like: I really want the sunlight but no 'discotheque lamp effect'. Maybe someone know how to setting?  Thank you so much with the previous suggestion  :D ;)

DriesV

If your window glass is of material type Solid Glass, then you need caustics for light to be able to pass through it. If you change the material to Glass, then you don't need caustics.

Dries