HealthE renders feat. dots

Started by Roshan Hakkim, December 30, 2020, 07:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roshan Hakkim

I had done a few earlier renders with a dotted background. Decided to create an updated deck showcasing how, in this case, the minimal floor creates depth without being overly distracting.

It's also light to render. Which is a bonus as these are screengrabs, to be honest. :)

AlexDsouza

The dotted background is such a great move, I feel it could really add that texture that is sometimes missing from images where you can't use an organic ground place or something.

Josh3D

Love it, Roshan. Great example of how a background can add depth and interest.

tomlai

As an extension on my comment in an earlier post on this thermometer design where I worried about rolling of the uncapped thermometer.

I now propose another way to keep it from rolling and keeping the display upward facing.

Its an internal design feature, where the centre of gravity is kept on the opposite side of the display by internally arranging the heavy components
In this way the thermometer would not roll and the display would be kept facing upwards.

Easier to read/ prevents scratches on display glass!

PzyChi

Great work ! Can I see the material graph for the metal part ?

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: AlexDsouza on January 02, 2021, 01:31:40 PM
The dotted background is such a great move, I feel it could really add that texture that is sometimes missing from images where you can't use an organic ground place or something.

Thanks a lot Alex. Its something which I have played few times in different projects. Also can be great when a light ring projects onto the base ground for example. Glad you like it

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: Josh3D on January 04, 2021, 08:11:45 AM
Love it, Roshan. Great example of how a background can add depth and interest.

Thanks a ton Josh

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: tomlai on January 07, 2021, 08:38:01 PM
As an extension on my comment in an earlier post on this thermometer design where I worried about rolling of the uncapped thermometer.

Thanks a ton Tom for thinking along. So the reason why the anti roll element on the cap was a decision I took to force users to not leave it uncapped. Thereby forcing users to cap after use to prevent compromising behaviour.