Keyshot AR (USDZ)

Started by GSAstudent, January 02, 2021, 01:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSAstudent

Hi folks,

Been loving the ability to export USDZ straight from Keyshot. Had some good success early on with simple materials but am having difficulty exporting a simple model with some custom materials and labels, nothing overly special. I have tried changing export settings a bunch and it bakes fine, produces a file but I can't open that file. Are there any ways to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.

Renderhouse

Make Shure that you use an Apple product to open the USDZ. Any other system doesn't support it so far.

I also exported right now a big industry machine with lots of parts. My Macbook pro (2017) with 16Gb hard a hard time to open it.

noverhol

after a single successful export, I've been getting an error message 'unable to write ARkit compatible USDZ' for every subsequent attempt

Anyone else seeing this? Any recommendations on how to fix this?

Higuchi

I'm also trying to use USDZ AR data on iPhone. And, I've heard of that less than 75MB usdz files are recommended to play AR on iPhone.
In addition, as far as I've experienced, I can play it with attached usdz file, but I can't do it through some cloud storages such as OneDrive.