Denoising options

Started by mattjgerard, January 29, 2021, 07:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

What denoisers are people using these days? I have been trying to get the keyshot denoiser to work for us, but its just not there yet in terms of detail and adjustability. We have been using the old school Nik Dfine denoiser, which works, but is no longer free, and before we buy it I'm on the lookout for other options. Our workflow is using photoshop, so plugins are preferred. Main uses is cleaning up noise in renders with physical lights in it, like the attached image. If I can cut down render time and take care of some of the noise in post production, that would be awesome.

Zeltronic

Hi, I Let you make your own opinion with few denoiser that I have tested with your picture (all are available as photoshop plugins)  ;)

Zeltronic

Sorry I didn't realize that you where looking for a free denoiser, topaz AI  is not free but you can have free 30 day trial :) to test,  IMO this one of the best denoiser on the market and regarding the product performance license is not so expensive, infortunatly freeware denoiser are far behind of commercial products :)

mattjgerard

Quote from: Zeltronic on February 02, 2021, 11:56:17 AM
Sorry I didn't realize that you where looking for a free denoiser, topaz AI  is not free but you can have free 30 day trial :) to test,  IMO this one of the best denoiser on the market and regarding the product performance license is not so expensive, infortunatly freeware denoiser are far behind of commercial products :)

I am totally willing to pay for it, so doesn't have to be free. Thanks for doing those examples, going to look at them right now. This image actually is a decent render with the noise just in the magenta colors on the left, but is a good test for the finer details of smoothing out the gradients. Much appreciated!

Zeltronic

Topaz suite also have a great tool that is giga pixel AI my personnal process to have a better denoising is to first apply AI denoising then enlarge the picture with AI  gigapixel and apply again a bit of denoising on the enlarge image (with standard denoising tool in ps) and then reduce again the picture to it's original size, you have to tune a bit and ajustment take much time but it could be usefull with some pictures ....;)