Keyshot 10.1 Settle test

Started by AlexDsouza, February 10, 2021, 03:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexDsouza

Updated yesterday to 10.1 and had to give the new Settle feature a try. Didn't expect it to work so well first time!

Have also included the before and after arrangement of the parts.

[IG @alex_dsouza_ ]

DriesV

Perfect example for Settle.
Looks great. :)

Dries

mattjgerard

if I can get this to work filling pick bins and totes, this will save be a trip to cinema 4d for the dynamics sims.  excited to use.

jhiker

Quote from: DriesV on February 10, 2021, 04:05:37 AM
Perfect example for Settle.
Looks great. :)

Dries
Hi Dries,
I haven't quite grasped how this works having only updated today - is there a test/demo scene we can use to try out 'settle'?
Thanks,
Jeff

Josh3D

Love it, Alex! Great example.

@jhiker you can find some models like the rock pack and paperclips to test it out on KeyShot Cloud: https://cloud.keyshot.com/

mcramblet

I've been testing this, as well. If this new feature had the ability to replace the need for me setting up and running simulations, it would be a HUGE game changer for my workflow. I often need to create simulations to fill containers with product. This type of use may be beyond the intended use of settle, but it's very close to being able to work. Here is a test that replicates a simple simulation that I did in Blender. The first image is the Blender simulation. The others are images of the same test using settle. If it were a little better at keeping objects from intersecting, I could bypass the simulation step, altogether.