Serious Issues with 10.1

Started by cornerofthemoon, February 19, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornerofthemoon

I'm trying not to be a software Karen but 10.1 is really screwed up. It has serious memory issues with GPU and many UI features are not working properly. Solo Mode only works half the time and it's difficult to get out of it when it does work. Crashes constantly....Please update this software soon.

germannick

Justin A

We are currently aware of the GPU issue and are working to have a hot fix on this.
We have pushed the issue through and are currently in the final testing stages to have the released ASAP.

Anindo Ghosh

Is there an expected time of resolution for the GPU hotfix?

I discovered the GPU issue earlier this week when I started rendering a client animation with under million triangles, that should have been a trivial job on my RTX 2070. After "gracefully" failing over into CPU mode, just the first 15 seconds of the clip took 8 hours to render.

Edit: I created a clean scene with a cylinder and 6 elongated cubes, all being Keyshot "Add geometry" primitives. Applied one of the studio HDRIs. Nothing fancy, it's under 1600 triangles. I left it to simmer, and a while later I get the error in the screenshot attached.

Also, there's literally NO geometry calculation in this test scene, not even a bump map, so where is Keyshot finding the "pending geometry update" indicated at top right?

Should I be downgrading to 10.0 till the hotfix arrives?