Hope Keyshot ball will be added on model library

Started by Higuchi, February 28, 2021, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Higuchi

Hi administrator,

I'm looking for Kesyhot ball which is commonly used on manual. Could you share this model data through model library for me to test different lightings?

Best,

INNEO_MWo

Just look into the bip files in your installation path. There you find the library scenes.
I've used the material ball from previous releases.

Higuchi

Thank you for your reply.
But, I can't understand what "installation path" means. Could you tell me more detail?

INNEO_MWo

Just search in the installation folder (on Windows most common C:/program files/keyshot10/bin or C:/users/%USERNAME%/appdata/local/keyshot10/bin or somewhere in applications on MacOS).
There you find bip files that are used to render the library thumbnails. Now you can open one and add it to your model library.

Higuchi

Got it, thank you!
But, in my installation path, there doesn't seem to what I'm looking for. Is there in Scenes? Could you tell me specific .bip name and where it is?

INNEO_MWo

Hello Ryosuke.

The files can be found as shown in the attached screenshot.
I also attached the material ball that is used by KS10 for library thumbnails and the material ball from KeyShot 5 that I re-modeled to use NURBS geometry.

Hope that helps.

CheerEO
Marco

Higuchi

Thank you! I'm going to use the attached .bip data you shared.
But, I wonder why there is not "bin" folder in my installation.

Thank you, anyway!

INNEO_MWo

Your last screenshot shows the KeyShot 10 resources folders, but not the software installation files. (both stored at different locations)

Higuchi

I got it! I could find bin folder and the bip data which you mentioned.

Completely solved!

Thank you so much.