Main Menu

Ceramic Tea Kettle

Started by Serhan Yenilmez, March 13, 2021, 04:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serhan Yenilmez

Hey fellas.

As I've mentioned, time to continue to upload another design of mine. It is modeled in Solidworks, rendered in Keyshot and minor PP in Photoshop. Hope you'll like it.

Cheers,
Serhan

Higuchi

Looks nice!
Did you control UV? As I'm using as same PC environment as yours Solidworks and Keyshot, we cannot edit any UV on Solidworks, can't we?

What kind of texture do you use? According to my guess, your texture is constructed with curveture to express sophisticated ceramic appearance. But, in this case, what type of mapping do you use?

INNEO_MWo

I guess it is a triplanar mapping of the same texture for all directions or nearly similar textures.

Serhan Yenilmez

Thanks for the replies.

And yes, both Tri-planar and Curvature maps were used. It is a modified version of a free ceramic material on Keyshout cloud and I am sharing the graph below.

As of Solidwork, UV's are always a big trouble. However, Keyshot UV tools can be a real life saver sometimes which I use constantly on simple objects. Of course it's a very simple tool for complex geometries, but in that case, using a good mesh converter and handle the UV on a proper software is a must.

INNEO_MWo

Isn't the displacement an overkill for this material?

Serhan Yenilmez

Higuchi

Thank you for sharing!
Hope it will be uploaded on Keyshot cloud library, if you would not mind!

cameraman!1

Quote from: nacho_grande on March 13, 2021, 04:28:40 PM
Hey fellas.

As I've mentioned, time to continue to upload another design of mine. It is modeled in Solidworks, rendered in Keyshot and minor PP in Photoshop. Hope you'll like it.

Cheers,
Serhan
Thank you for sharing these amazing photos! The design looks splendid. Furthermore, I can notice that you're a photoshop wiz

Serhan Yenilmez

Quote from: cameraman!1 on March 19, 2021, 04:26:47 PM
Quote from: nacho_grande on March 13, 2021, 04:28:40 PM
Hey fellas.

Cheers,
Serhan
Thank you for sharing these amazing photos! The design looks splendid. Furthermore, I can notice that you're a photoshop wiz

Thank you. Much appreciated...

cameraman!1

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on March 14, 2021, 07:55:42 AM
Isn't the displacement an overkill for this material?
While I truly believe there's a valid point in what you're saying, I think that the displacement isn't showing any issue at all.

Serhan Yenilmez

My project has ben selected to be presented by Dassault Systéms Solidworks Instagram account. The link is below... Cheers

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNcw9NVp3RI/