Tea time Caustic render #Clay2Keyshot

Started by Roshan Hakkim, April 12, 2021, 08:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roshan Hakkim

Hi everyone,

Wishing you all a happy Monday. Here is a little experiment with caustics.

Was a fun one to five into as I was aiming for a somewhat realistic setup without adding too many elements.

The final version is rendering as I type with some steam deposition bubbles and few other details.

PS: I am not a fan of how the pen turned out. The cork as well. Got to work on them for future closeup shots I guess.

Cheers,
Roshan!

DMerz III

shanespence

Great work Roshan! Love the curved edges on the paper so they're not just flat planes on the table

Roshan Hakkim

Thanks a lot @Shane! :) Some tiny details for a more realistic feel I guess.

Cheers @Dmerz

Higuchi

Looks so real! Not only the caustic, but the mood or the atmosphere is as if real picture. How much did you retouch on Photoshop?

Roshan Hakkim

Hi Ryosuke,

I will share the overview of time spent on prepping the file, editing the render etc today or tomorrow on Instagram. Will post that here as well. But here is a quick try.

I have used almost every pass and bear in mind this is the RAW render. Similar to SLOG profile on cameras. If the work is non commissioned or not going into the portfolio I don't spend time Photoshopping them longer than 15 minutes. Once the timer hits I try to wrap up quickly and that's my workflow.