FlyKnit material

Started by Spvy17, April 12, 2021, 10:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spvy17

Hi everyone :)

I'm currently modeling a sneakers and I wanted to render a flyknit/fabric material with pattern variations (like the picture attached bellow). The solution I tried is to unwrap my upper shape, draw a bump map on it and then apply this new custom material as uv map. But I have issues to unwrap a flexible shape, way more difficult than a simple geometric shape.

Maybe some of you guys used to have the same issue and can help me !

Thank you :)

cameraman!1

Quote from: Spvy17 on April 12, 2021, 10:23:48 AM
Hi everyone :)

I'm currently modeling a sneakers and I wanted to render a flyknit/fabric material with pattern variations (like the picture attached bellow). The solution I tried is to unwrap my upper shape, draw a bump map on it and then apply this new custom material as uv map. But I have issues to unwrap a flexible shape, way more difficult than a simple geometric shape.

Maybe some of you guys used to have the same issue and can help me !

Thank you :)
The sneaker's photo looks sexy as hell! I really hope you can get this issues solved as soon as possible my friend.

KristofDeHulsters

Blender tutorials my friend! I find that Blender does a good job at UV unwrapping and Andrew Price makes some excellent videos on how to do it. Blender is free too so no reason not to try it!