material graph = brick wall; the tale of a Pikes Peak GT2RS Clubsport

Started by Optimusglen, April 22, 2021, 06:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimusglen

As some of you know I am a rendering contributor to 000 Magazine, a premium Porsche quarterly magazine. While 000 was the title sponsor and the 000 art director Justin Page was the livery designer of the real car, this rendering was not commissioned or sponsored by them. Just did it on my own because it's a beautiful car.

This GT2RS Clubsport was driven in the Pikes Peak "race to the clouds" by David Donner and won first in its class.

First, the material graph.

And a few studio shots

And one with a background

Zeltronic

Well I think that your mat graph could be optimized a lot, .. lot of nodes mean slow rendering .... ;)

Optimusglen

for sure, I wanted to keep all the labels separate so I could individually tweak colors and materials if needed, without having to revisit the 2D label. I wasn't concerned with rendering time on this, and really it didn't seem to take much extra time if any.

Eric Summers

:o  You win the "biggest mat. graph I've ever seen" award for sure! And the Porsche looks great!

Zeltronic

KristofDeHulsters

You could have just textured once in a texture editing software and then applied it to the Porche. If you wanted to tweak it then you would just retouch the one texture and "update" in Keyshot. But if the intend was the most massive material graph or all the control in Keyshot, then you definitely succeeded and I tip my hat to you sir!