Main Menu

Subscription Bag

Started by Matt Hanzly, April 23, 2021, 03:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Hanzly

I do a lot of packaging rendering and wanted to show some of the tricks I have done for packaging rendering. Most packaging I do is built in solidworks or artios cad but I find that soft products such as bags and cloths are impossible to get looking good out of those programs. I have been using Marvelous Designer specifically for bags. For this I looked at bags that would be used for product subscriptions. Often these bags are white and look dirty by the time they get to you. In order to hide some of this dirt I wanted the bag to have a pattern that would disguise some of the grime we see during shipping.

KristofDeHulsters

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the suggestion on Marvelous Designer, I have used Blender for this before but I'll also have a look at what you use. The renders look  really nice, also a very smart feature to print on the bags to hide dirt! Well done!

DerekCicero

phil@phasegroup.net

Excellent results getting the bag material to behave properly and appear very realistic.    I think a lot of people struggle with Blender and Marvelous Designer when getting started; I know I have.   Would love to have a look at the settings for the cloth you used in Marvelous Designer to achieve that. 

Matt Hanzly

Quote from: KristofDeHulsters on April 23, 2021, 07:44:27 PM
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the suggestion on Marvelous Designer, I have used Blender for this before but I'll also have a look at what you use. The renders look  really nice, also a very smart feature to print on the bags to hide dirt! Well done!

Thanks Kristof, I have tried blender but have always had trouble with it. Maybe its time to give it another chance.

Matt Hanzly

Quote from: phil@phasegroup.net on April 30, 2021, 01:10:22 PM
Excellent results getting the bag material to behave properly and appear very realistic.    I think a lot of people struggle with Blender and Marvelous Designer when getting started; I know I have.   Would love to have a look at the settings for the cloth you used in Marvelous Designer to achieve that.

Hi Phil, I used the silk chiffon preset in marvelous. I usually don't worry to much about the material in marvelous as long as the wrinkles look right, as I will do all the material heavy lifting in keyshot. Also on bags its important to have them actually filled and not trying to prop up an empty bag.