Pro/E plugins and KS3

Started by DonChunior, November 20, 2011, 10:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest84672

Quote from: KeyShot on December 16, 2011, 08:42:12 AM
Hi Tim,

We will have a good solution for this in KeyShot 3.1. For now it is true that the plugin has some limitations with respect to retaining materials. The easiest solution is to import parts into KeyShot.

-- Henrik

Just to reiterate - we identified a bug in the plugin that will be fixed shortly. The plugin currently doesn't maintain colors that have been assigned on the part level. This works fine with the plugin for Creo.

ug739

I have a different issue with the Pro/E plugin for WF4 than I have seen mentioned here.
Keyshot is exporting everything from Pro/E including all the junk I have blanked on a layer. This was not happening in KS1 & KS2.
This is especially problematic since I always use a Master Model approach and, basically, the whole assembly is blanked on a layer in every part.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Colin

guest84672

Sounds like hidden layers don't stay hidden. We will look into this.

DonChunior

Quote from: pmalochet on December 20, 2011, 07:09:32 AM
yes i've made a mistake yes it was protk.dat but the result is the same. It doesn't work
best regards

Hi pmalochet,

have you opened the protk.dat file with a text editor and checked, if all the paths in the file are valid and exist?
Are you working on a 64 bit operating system? If yes, have you then 32 or 64 bit WF5 installed?

Regards, DonChunior

soldes

You are correct Colin, layer status is not retained. So back to reinstalling KS2 & its plugin for now.
Is there a time frame Thomas?
THanks,
Nick

pmalochet

Quote from: soldes on December 21, 2011, 12:12:17 AM
You are correct Colin, layer status is not retained. So back to reinstalling KS2 & its plugin for now.
THanks,
Nick

hello yes i've checked all the path and version !!!

guest84672

Quote from: soldes on December 21, 2011, 12:12:17 AM
THanks,
Nick

Within the next day or so.

BTW - you know that you can always import Pro/E data without the plugin?

pmalochet

yes but it doesn't work with the family

guest84672

What do you mean by "it doesn't work with the family"?

DonChunior

Quote from: pmalochet on December 21, 2011, 04:52:10 AM

Hi pmalochet,

maybe the plugins don't work, because you haven't had installed the necessary VC++ Redistributable Packages from Microsoft?!

Regards, DonChunior

Tim Wolf

Today back to work again. To share my experience with the layer issue. Yes, I also got surprises of visible surfaces in KS3  that were invisible when I exported them from WF5. In my situation it had to do with an mother merge part the still showed her blanked layers. In the end I was able to control, and only exported what I wanted to see in KS3. However it was more complicated to handle, which I had to do  in WF5 (not in KS3). Before it was so easy from WF5 to KS2, just what you see is what you get (including the surface colors).

pmalochet

Quote from: DonChunior on December 22, 2011, 01:19:10 AM
Quote from: pmalochet on December 21, 2011, 04:52:10 AM

Hi pmalochet,

maybe the plugins don't work, because you haven't had installed the necessary VC++ Redistributable Packages from Microsoft?!

Regards, DonChunior

Hi yes may be where can i find this ???
best regards

guest84672

@Tim Wolf - the next update will fix both these issues.

@pmalochet - depending on what you need, here is one link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

ffabian

Hello everybody,

I'm fighting the same problem at the moment:
ProE-WF5 (and Creo ElementsPRO, both 64bit), Win7 (64bit), KS3 (3.0.90) running perfect.
But the plugin fails: protk.dat seems to be corrupt or anything else.

Here's the file (same code for WF5 and CEP)

NAME       KeyShot                                                    (<- KS2 is still working fine)
EXEC_FILE  $KEYSHOT_PROE_WF5_64\KeyShot.dll
TEXT_DIR   $KEYSHOT_PROE_WF5_64\text
STARTUP    dll
REVISION   18
END

NAME KeyShot3
EXEC_FILE C:\PTC\KeyShot3\Plugins\ProEngineer5\keyshot3_proe5_plugin.dll       (<- why complete path in here?)
TEXT_DIR C:\PTC\KeyShot3\Plugins\ProEngineer5\text                                     (<- why complete path in here?)
STARTUP     dll
REVISION    18
ALLOW_STOP  TRUE
DELAY_START FALSE
END

And C++ is also installed and running on my machine. I'm just wondering why I'm paying money for a tool that
wastes my time... Sorry for that.

Any help available?
TIA

Felix

rossco

I've downloaded the latest plugin for WF5 and KS3 but when I try and do a export using the Keyshot button in PROE it loads KS2.  Do I need to uninstall KS2 for it to load KS3?