Does anyone have any models of vinyl that look realistic?

Started by avidstuart, May 25, 2021, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidstuart

Hello everyone,

I am totally new to this but learning as I go along.

I have been working on some renders of high-end turntables and really want to put some vinyl (records) on them but I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have any good ones that they would be happy to share with me?
(I have covers it's just the actual vinyl that I can't make look photorealistic)

Sorry if this is not how things are done here, but I always find that asking direct questions is the best way.

Open to discussing swapping models I have if they would be of any interest to you?? (I would ask that you don't alter them though as they are real products that we make :-)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Stuart

Zeltronic

Honestly you may save your time & money if you do it by yourself, even in keyshot that is not a modeling tool you can do it with basics shapes...

avidstuart

I have had a go... it looks OK from far away but when you get close it just looks like a bumpy mess.

the issue I am having with vinyl is when you look at an album you can see the breaks between tracks and the way it reflects changes across the surface. It's tricky

Plus I don't have the full version of Keyshot I have the setup you get with Alibre and I am self-taught with both.

I can only import and export as either .bip or .ksp which is a shame because I can find loads of resources that have amazing looking models but they are all Blender, 3DMax or other.

shame because some of them look actually real!!

The best I can do at the moment is attached. (If you look closely at the record it's horrible)

.... Wait how do I add a picture on here?

Stuart

Zeltronic

If you have already found the model you want to use in blender or obj format, I am convinced that a good soul will convert it for you to .bip if you drop it on this forum ;)

avidstuart

Really?

You have been super helpful!!!

can I just ask you one question... (New to forums as well!!)

How do I attach anything to a post?

Thanks again!!!

Stuart

Zeltronic

just clic on + attachments and other options and attach your file ...

avidstuart

Ahhh you mean that massive "+ attachments and other options" directly below this input window!!!

Couldn't see the wood for the trees!!!

this is my best effort at creating my own vinyl

Thank you for all your help!!

Stuart