NebulaD lightbox + Interior scenes

Started by Hossein Alfideh, June 07, 2021, 03:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Hello Everyone,
Last year I worked with Nebula design to visualize their special lightbox. I also created a bedroom and living room scene and rendered the product in both on and off modes. The frame was modeled in CATIA for manufacturing purposes and then rendered in keyshot. Let me know what you think. Hope you like them. :)

Realabhishekshukla

DMerz III

Juggernaut

Hossein Alfideh

KristofDeHulsters

Lovely renders, it's hard to make a very 'boxy' item look good but you pulled it off. One thing: when I looked at the image with the golden gate bridge I was a bit confused at what was happening there. Maybe one of the other images would have been a better choice of the cover to explain how it works. Either way, amazing shots Hossein!

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: KristofDeHulsters on June 27, 2021, 06:20:23 PM
Lovely renders, it's hard to make a very 'boxy' item look good but you pulled it off. One thing: when I looked at the image with the golden gate bridge I was a bit confused at what was happening there. Maybe one of the other images would have been a better choice of the cover to explain how it works. Either way, amazing shots Hossein!

Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Yes I totally felt the same thingmyself when I was rendering that shot but I had to use the pictures the client wanted in each scene so I was kinda obligated to use those images :)

TGS808

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 01, 2021, 04:19:26 AM

Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Yes I totally felt the same thingmyself when I was rendering that shot but I had to use the pictures the client wanted in each scene so I was kinda obligated to use those images :)

On the contrary. There's nothing confusing about that image with the bridge. It illustrates perfectly how this product comes together. The rest of the images here are, in my opinion, some of your finest work to date and some of the best stuff I've seen posted to the forum in a long while.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: TGS808 on July 01, 2021, 04:36:10 AM
Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 01, 2021, 04:19:26 AM

On the contrary. There's nothing confusing about that image with the bridge. It illustrates perfectly how this product comes together. The rest of the images here are, in my opinion, some of your finest work to date and some of the best stuff I've seen posted to the forum in a long while.

That's some heavy compliment you gave me man! I'm really flattered by your nice words! Thanks a lot!
I think what he meant was the picture is not noticeable in the first glance comparing to other prints. It's kinda true but that's the whole point of editing that print this way to make it more dramatic! It was my favorite one to be honest because it was really minimalist. When I was preparing the installation render, the client insisted on demonstrating that in only 2 frames. It was not clear what was happening so I suggested to add the 3rd frame with more wrinkles, I used a pin with higher intensity to create some shadows as well on the white surface of the print in order to make more contrast in certain areas so the viewer can distinguish the fabric from the wooden backdrop and how it becomes perfectly flat once it's installed. This approach worked perfect with the white color of the print because most of the colorful prints couldn't show the folds like the result I got with this one. I thought this would also make the the bridge pop out a little bit.

TGS808

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 01, 2021, 04:11:47 PM
That's some heavy compliment you gave me man! I'm really flattered by your nice words! Thanks a lot!
I think what he meant was the picture is not noticeable in the first glance comparing to other prints. It's kinda true but that's the whole point of editing that print this way to make it more dramatic! It was my favorite one to be honest because it was really minimalist. When I was preparing the installation render, the client insisted on demonstrating that in only 2 frames. It was not clear what was happening so I suggested to add the 3rd frame with more wrinkles, I used a pin with higher intensity to create some shadows as well on the white surface of the print in order to make more contrast in certain areas so the viewer can distinguish the fabric from the wooden backdrop and how it becomes perfectly flat once it's installed. This approach worked perfect with the white color of the print because most of the colorful prints couldn't show the folds like the result I got with this one. I thought this would also make the the bridge pop out a little bit.

The three frames was definitely the right call. And I mean it about the images. The day and night shots are stunning. I can't even bring myself to pick a favorite because they are all so good.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: TGS808 on July 01, 2021, 05:23:34 PM
Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 01, 2021, 04:11:47 PM

The three frames was definitely the right call. And I mean it about the images. The day and night shots are stunning. I can't even bring myself to pick a favorite because they are all so good.

Thanks a lot man! really appreciate it ! feels great to hear these nice words and it also keeps me motivated to do more :)