F360 LiveLinking plugin does not work quite correctly

Started by Daniel Kurth, June 07, 2021, 05:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Kurth

I do not know if any of you have the same problem as me?
I use F360 as a Abo version and currently keyshot 10.2 (with 10.1 & beta it was also so) .

In F360 I have created a library of various parts. I often insert these parts into other drawings to be able to exchange them with other library parts.
Only that seems to be a problem with the LiveLinking plugin with keyshot.
A drawing that I draw completely without library parts from scratch goes wonderfully in Keyshot to link and edit further.
But as soon as I draw drawings with library parts and link them. It appears in Keyshot similar to an exploded view. The parts are somewhere else. But not at their original position.

With the "normal" import and export this is not so!
Only there I have sometimes the problem that through the conversion the polygons go exorbitantly high. I haven't noticed this with LiveLinking yet. That's why I would like to continue to use the LiveLinking function.
Only to bring all the parts together again in keyshot takes more time than to live with the increased polygon count (= more computing time).
I hope someone can help me here.
In the Fusion Forum nobody could do it yet.

Erik Williams

Hello Daniel,

We have noticed an issue with the 360 plugin that changes made to the scene in Autodesk may not be sent to KeyShot through the plugin until the model is first saved in Autodesk.
If this occurs, the scene will be saved under a different name, causing duplicate geometries to be sent to KeyShot.

That would explain why your polygon count has multiplied so much. Because the same pieces are being added over and over again without actually livelinking.

Our developers are looking into this now and hope to have it solved soon.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support

Daniel Kurth

Hi Erik,
thank you for the quick response!

Maybe my English is not very well. But I did not mean increasing the polygons.
I have the problem that certain parts do not stay in their place!
When they are transferred to Keyshot, they land somewhere else.

I now suspect it might have something to do with their different origins.
But the problem does not exist when I export from Fusion and then import "normally" into Keyshot.
It only occurs in the LiveLinking plugin.

I didn't write it in the first post, but the image shown there is effectively the first LiveLinking save.
I didn't change anything in Fusion afterwards. It arrives in Keyshot like this the first time.

Erik Williams

Thank you for clarifying.
Does this happen when updating as well?
​These parts you created, were they created in your current version of Fusion 360 did you use another version or platform to create them?

You can check your import settings in KeyShot through your Preferences.
Check if this and Fusion are using the same UP orientation and that your library parts are using the same UP orientation as well. Try using Update Geometry is set instead of Add to Scene.

Also, when adding the fittings, make sure the geometry is not overlapping with other pieces.

Let me know what happens.