Keyshot 3 Unexpectedly Quit

Started by werdbrem, November 22, 2011, 07:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werdbrem

Hi I recently downloaded Keyshot 3 to give the trial a run before buying the full version, however when I launch the application after a successful installation I get a message that Keyshot unexpectedly quit and I have the options to relaunch, ignore, and report.  However repeated attempts to relaunch still don't launch the application.  I'm running on a MacBook Pro at OS 10.5.8?  Is my operating system out of date even though the system requirements state Keyshot 3 as needing 10.5 or later?

KeyShot

Apple unfortunately has made it a bit tricky to support both Mac OS Lion (10.7) and Mac OS Leopard (10.5). While we have made every attempt to support 10.5 I would recommend updating to at least 10.6 (Snow Leopard), where KeyShot runs very well.
Are you able to run KeyShot 2 on your machine? What kind of CPU do you have?

Xidor

I had the same trouble. I tried to launch and crash! I am running OS X 10.5.8. I spoke to Chad at Tech Support via email and he concurs. So I ordered Snow Leopard last Friday and expect it this week. So I'm holding off installing KS3 till then. I'd rather get it going on the Mac side first before installing on the Bootcamp side as was recommended as well.