Jewelry Problems

Started by Jolegend, November 23, 2011, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolegend

Hey Guys... i use keyshot for jewellery rendering.. anyway i have 2 problems:

#1. how can i eliminate shadows, for e.g i render a tiff with alpha channels... i get the image but there is always shadow behind it and it takes allot of time to delete it in PS5...

#2. And however i try.. like almost all the setting i have tried still the metal looks unnatural and the stones look dead.. i know its possible to achieve better results as i saw them on different sites and videos..

please help))

Arnaud

#2 : Rendering of stones depends a lot from HDR. You have to play with different HDR to find the good results. Avoid diffuse lights. The second important parameter is ray bounces. Must be increased.

Chad Holton

Hi,

#1 - You can turn off ground shadows in the environment settings.

#2 - Like Arnaud said, you must find the HDR's sweet spot. Another trick is to render a pass for the metal and a pass for the diamonds. This way you can focus on one material at a time and bring them all together in PS.

Jolegend

Thnx Alot guys... lol i used hours of searching and didnt notice the Ground Shadows option..))

Zander85

I often use two seperate HDRIs, one for the diamonds and one for the metals. I also like to tweek the KS diamond material and lower the abbe number which gets more colors in your diamonds.

Abbe Number-How Much Color is created when reflected in the diamond (lower the number adds more color)

Designer Jewelry

Quote from: Jolegend on November 23, 2011, 08:45:08 AM
Hey Guys... i use keyshot for jewellery rendering.. anyway i have 2 problems:

#1. how can i eliminate shadows, for e.g i render a tiff with alpha channels... i get the image but there is always shadow behind it and it takes allot of time to delete it in PS5...

#2. And however i try.. like almost all the setting i have tried still the metal looks unnatural and the stones look dead.. i know its possible to achieve better results as i saw them on different sites and videos..

please help))
send to me 3d file, i will help you...my email: deptrai1920042004@yahoo.com, Tks!

hitesh.m

WHICH HDRI IS GOOD FOR JEWELLERY RENDERING IN KEYSHOT LIBRARY?

Designer Jewelry

Quote from: hitesh.m on December 02, 2012, 09:53:11 AM
WHICH HDRI IS GOOD FOR JEWELLERY RENDERING IN KEYSHOT LIBRARY?
In library hasn't good hdri for jewellery, you have to create in psd or looking on web.