New keyshot function for low-polygon effect

Started by xusong, July 12, 2021, 02:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xusong

Hey guys, I saw a new tool, Mesh simplification, which is very suitable for making low polygon effects.

KristofDeHulsters

Cool effect! I wish there was also a tool to add more tessellation to a model to get smoother curves. Some models just come in as too basic of a form which causes jagged edges on the radii.

TGS808

Quote from: KristofDeHulsters on July 12, 2021, 05:31:08 AM
Cool effect! I wish there was also a tool to add more tessellation to a model to get smoother curves. Some models just come in as too basic of a form which causes jagged edges on the radii.

The re-tessellate tool will do that as long as your imported model contains NURBS data.

KristofDeHulsters

Quote from: TGS808 on July 12, 2021, 05:47:14 AM
Quote from: KristofDeHulsters on July 12, 2021, 05:31:08 AM

The re-tessellate tool will do that as long as your imported model contains NURBS data.

Yes that is true but when using 3rd party assets that's not always possible. I wish there was something to just increase the poligons. It wouldn't be an easy feature to add but it would help a ton!

Josh3D

The new Mesh Simplification Tool will get you what you're looking for! We'll have a Quick Tip on it soon but for now, you can learn more about it here: https://manual.keyshot.com/manual/tools-3/mesh-simplification/

TGS808

Quote from: Josh3D on July 21, 2021, 02:31:26 PM
The new Mesh Simplification Tool will get you what you're looking for! We'll have a Quick Tip on it soon but for now, you can learn more about it here: https://manual.keyshot.com/manual/tools-3/mesh-simplification/

Will it? It seems it does the opposite of what he wants. Looking forward to the Quick Tip on this for sure.