GPU Rendering outputs pure black images

Started by kevinspencer, July 12, 2021, 09:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinspencer

Hi guys,

When I render with GPU mode, I get purely black images. It used to work awhile ago with Keyshot 9, but now it doesn't process the images. I like GPU rendering because I have a RTX 3070 so its goes lighting fast compared to my Ryzen 3600 CPU.

I tried Keyshot 10 and it does the same thing. I think it might be because of a driver issue? I'm running Geforce Game Ready Driver V 471.11

Or perhaps it could be a setting I have in my driver?

Anyone have this issue or can think of a possible solution? Thanks

Justin A

There is currently an issue with the latest drivers and KeyShot 9.  At this point we would recommend returning to an older driver version I believe it would be 466.77.  You will need to select custom install for the drivers and perform a fresh installation of the game ready drivers.

I would also recommend performing a fresh installation of KeyShot 9 using the full installers:  https://www.keyshot.com/resources/downloads/previous-versions/ here is the download link for that.

We have reached out to Nvidia regarding the issue and hope to have some information on this shortly.

KristofDeHulsters

If it happens in multiple versions of Keyshot it is mostly always a case of a driver issue for the card (just for future reference).

kevinspencer

Thanks everyone! A clean install of the older driver version solved the problem. Didn't need to re-install Keyshot 9 too!

My only other question is when will I know the latest driver will work? I guess I just won't update my drivers for a while

TGS808

Quote from: kevinspencer on July 13, 2021, 08:06:13 AM
My only other question is when will I know the latest driver will work?

My question is, what difference would it make? You've got everything working perfectly now. That's all you need.

Quote from: kevinspencer on July 13, 2021, 08:06:13 AM
I guess I just won't update my drivers for a while

A wise move. If it's not broken, don't fix it.