Texture mapping

Started by jhiker, November 24, 2011, 01:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhiker

Just a quick question on texture mapping...

When using the 'cylindrical' option is the axis of the cylinder map always in the 'Y' direction?

That is to say, should I orient my cylinder this way ('Y' up) to get best results (and after mapping I can orient it whichever way I choose).

guest84672

You should be able to rotate the cylinder to match the orientation of the object.

jjeconomaki

Thomas;

I have been in contact with tech support regarding cylindrical mapping since last fall.

"Hi John,

I took a look at your issue as well and I can definitely see the problem and I know we can improve the way this works.

The first version of KeyShot 3 will not address this, but I'll see if we can get some changes made to the cylindrical mapping implemented in the near future.

Thanks,

Jeff M

I had several email exchanges with Chad who acknowledge that Cylindrical Mapping does not work, here is my last reply;

Chad-

There are several posts on the forum regarding the inoperability of cylindrical mapping in KeyShot v3.  It does not work.

Today a user complained about the difficulty of applying a tire tread bump map and it was suggested by Thomas that he use Cylindrical Mapping.  And of course, the reply came back that it fails.

This seems a bit disingenuous-it would be way more helpful to post this as a KNOWN BUG so others don